The idea about Regional Network Psychology and Music (RNPaM) came into existence during the first international conference, Psychology and Music – Interdisciplinary Encounters (Belgrade, 24 – 26th October 2019). It is encouraged and supported by the European Society for the Cognitive Sciences of Music (ESCOM). The main organizer was the Faculty of Music, University of Arts in Belgrade and co-organizers were Institute for Psychology, Faculty of Philosophy, University of Belgrade and Psychology of Music Section of the Serbian Psychological Society. The tasks of the conference were to foster interdisciplinary networking of science and art, psychology and music, related social-humanistic disciplines, academic and applied disciplines, as well as interconnecting researchers of Western Balkans region and different geographic areas.
The main reason for establishing (RNPaM) is to interconnect colleagues from academic institutions, researchers, and practitioners in the interdisciplinary field of psychology and music in the region of Western Balkans. We have the intention to support, encourage and enhance the development of psychology of music as an academic and applied discipline in regional centers, but also to open possibilities for collaboration among colleagues from related social-humanistic disciplines who have interdisciplinary orientation and interests. At the same time, the broader interested public will be able to follow developments in this field.
- Dissemination of information about regional centers where researchers and scholars are working, and practitioners who are dealing with different domains of psychology and music, and its applications in education, health and music profession;
- Exchanging information about activities, events, and publications in regional centers;
- To communicate information about relevant developments in the European community concerning psychology and music and related disciplines;
- Realization of joint activities (conferences, round tables, forums, projects, publications)
RNPaM is open for associated members – interested colleagues, PhD students, and supporters of the network.
In case you are interested in joining the network, please contact the network coordinator on e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Network members can be:
- active members who deal with psychology and music and in their regional centers lead and/or represent the discipline (academic teaching, publishing, research projects, practitioners…);
- associate members as PhD and MA students of psychology or music, who have an interest in this interdisciplinary field and/or have initial papers/activities in this field;
- friends of the Network who support and monitor its activities.
Prof. Dr. Blanka Bogunović
Faculty of Music, University of Arts in Belgrade
ESCOM representative for Serbia